Wednesday, March 5, 2014

poetry corner pt. 2

Sometimes my thoughts don't quite make sense so I try to creatively organize them - which also doesn't always work but it acts as an outlet for those aching thoughts that we can't always shake away.

I don't really think poetry always has to make sense. That's the beauty of it, right? It can be interpreted differently for each reader because words all have different meanings, connotations and associations for each individual.  Words are so wonderful :)

"Stay gold, Ponyboy"

It mingles with sea shells,
resting
in the morning shadows.
A silent reminder, fuzzy
like the edges of a paperback novel.

The enduring whispers
twiddle through my fingers,
softy strumming
on broken guitar strings

simply fixed, but slowly forgotten.




bittersweet

You forgot me
as I laughed on the dark sidewalk.
I was the odd color and the mad smile

and you, the hidden keyhole.

on my mouth the wind of the summer
trickled forth
and an apple rotted
on the floor of your mind.


xx
Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment