Wednesday, August 8, 2012

song of the day

"some nights" by fun.



this is a good summer anthem for those nights where you don't understand anything...so you get in your car and drive to dunkin' donuts at midnight to get an iced caramel coffee. well, that's what i do when i'm feeling restless anyway...totes makes the insomnia 289349374 times worse! fun. became a huge hit this summer even though they've been around for a few years, and before that, The Format existed.  fun. is definitely more "pop" material, but at least they are bringing decent music to the pop scene.

my fav lyrics:

Well, Some nights, I wish that this all would end
Cause I could use some friends for a change
And some nights, I'm scared you'll forget me again
Some nights, I always win, I always win...

But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for, oh
What do I stand for? What do I stand for?
Most nights, I don't know... (come on)


The other night, you wouldn't believe the dream I just had about you and me
I called you up, but we'd both agree
It's for the best you didn't listen
It's for the best we get our distance... oh...
It's for the best you didn't listen
It's for the best we get our distance... oh...

love,
hill

No comments:

Post a Comment