Sunday, December 18, 2011

a desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world... maybe

Ahh, but the ingredients to a well balanced desk.













  1. Cold cup of coffee
  2. Old art splatter board, mainly for when I spill my coffee
  3. Globe from the Salvation Army (yes, the capital of India was Bombay, Germany was divided, and Palestine was... oh never mind) 
  4. Popol Vuh, the Mayan Bible (light reading, clearly)
  5. Vintage necklace I scored for $2 while antiquing with my sister
  6. An old pocket watch, broken. Its only purpose is to look cool. 
  7. My laptop (this fun-sized little gadget was the momma to this here blog)
  8. Candles. One can never have too many candles
The rest, well, circulates depending on the task-at-hand; however, do not underestimate the power of the desk.  Your work space should reflect who you are when you are not there. A blank desk is like a blank mind, boring. Declutter, decorate, discover.

Peacefully,
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment