Sunday, February 26, 2012

the perks of being a wallflower/artist of the day

first of all, if you haven't read this book, you should probably get on that. second of all, there really are some great perks to being a wallflower.  coming from a girl who has been a wallflower most of her life, sometimes i think i prefer being the wallflower as opposed to the person standing in the lime light.  there's just something about observing people (not in a creepy way) and studying their personalities that's so entertaining.  it's like you can see into their soul just by interpreting their words, body language, clothing and life style.  sure, being a wallflower might be lonely sometimes but i think you can really understand a person if you observe their daily actions.  sometimes i don't think people take enough time observing each other. here are some of my favorite perks of being a wallflower quotes:



I just need to know that someone out there listens and understands and doesn’t try to sleep with people even if they could have. I need to know that these people exist.

So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Maybe it’s sad that these are now memories. And maybe it’s not sad.

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”

“Sometimes people use thought to not participate in life.”

Then I turned around and walked to my room and closed my door and put my head under my pillow and let the quiet put things where they are supposed to be.

And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.

I am very interested and fascinated how everyone loves each other, but no one really likes each other.

I used to listen to it all the time when I was little and thinking about grown-up things. I would go to my bedroom window and stare at my reflection in the glass and the trees behind it and just listen to the song for hours. I decided then that when I met someone I thought was as beautiful as the song, I should give it to that person. And I didn’t mean beautiful on the outside. I meant beautiful in all ways.

It's kind of like when you look at yourself in the mirror and you say your name. And it gets to a point where none of it seems real. Well, sometimes, I can do that, but I don't need an hour in front of a mirror. It just happens very fast, and things start to slip away. And I just open my eyes, and I see nothing. And then I start to breathe really hard trying to see something, but I can't. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it scares me.

I don’t know if you’ve ever felt like that. That you wanted to sleep for a thousand years. Or just not exist. Or just not be aware that you do exist. Or something like that. I think wanting that is very morbid, but I want it when I get like this. That’s why I’m trying not to think. I just want it all to stop spinning.

I just laid around in my bed, looking at the ceiling, and i smiled because it was a nice kind of quiet.

It’s much easier not to know things sometimes. And to have french fries with your mom be enough.

Things change. And friends leave. And life doesn’t stop for anybody.

“I would die for you. But I won’t live for you.”

“If somebody likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am. And I don't want them to carry it around inside. I want them to show me, so I can feel it too. I want them to be able to do whatever they want around me.”

So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them

Maybe it's good to put things in perspective, but sometimes, I think that the only perspective is to really be there. Like Sam said. Because it's okay to feel things. And be who you are about them.

Please believe that things are good with me, and even when they’re not, they will be soon enough. 

And this brings me to the artist of the day: The Smiths.  Their song "Asleep" is mentioned numerous times in the perks of being a wallflower so i think it is only appropriate to make them artist of the day :)

"If you listen to the song “Asleep,” and you think about those pretty weather days that make you remember things, and you think about the prettiest eyes you’ve known, and you cry, and the person holds you back, then I think you will see the photograph."-Charlie




catch up on your alone time,
hill

No comments:

Post a Comment