Tuesday, April 24, 2012

song of the day

today's song: "somebody that i used to know" by goyte


Okay, yes, I know. You've probably heard this song played over and over on the radio, or have heard people quoting the lyrics on a daily basis...but honestly, who can blame them? The song's just that good.  Usually I get sick of every song ever played on Titan Radio at good ole Westminnie but this one is a winner for sure.  I promise.  Normally songs about break ups are pretty lame...but the lyrics couldn't be more true in this song.  It's more than perfect.  The song is extremely addicting, especially when there are SO many good covers of it/remixes.  I'll add my favorite cover at the end of this post.  Currently, I'm on my 5th listen of the day.  I've been addicted to this song since spring break. Literally can't get enough.  Goyte might end up being a one hit wonder, but this song will probably be marked down as my favorite hit of 2012.

You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness
Like resignation to the end, always the end
So when we found that we could not make sense
Well you said that we would still be friends
But I'll admit that I was glad it was over

But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and I feel so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know


with love,
hill

No comments:

Post a Comment