|Oh, Jane Austen's Book Club|
There are not many things worse than having your heart set on a book and then not be able to read it. So I had to find some books to fill the 4-14 business day wait (seriously, if I have to wait 14 days Amazon is getting a strongly worded email from yours truly) So off to the library with my ma and I grabbed Ruyard Kippling's The Jungle Book, The Chronicles of Christomancy by Diana Wayne-Jones and a John Green novel I hadn't read or heard of.
Now if you haven't heard of John Green,
- This book is cripplingly sarcastic.
- This book is about cancers of all shapes and sizes
- This book made me cry more than The Book Thief, UP, When Sirius Black died in Harry Potter and Braveheart combined.
- The book that the book revolves around (just follow me) is not real. I already tried to google it.
- Shakespeare provided the inspiration for the title.
- Page 123 made me laugh audibly (as did 107 and many other pages)
- With that being said, when I wasn't sobbing, I was cracking up.
- I believe in Something with a capital S.
- I really like the name Hazel (she is the female protagonist)
- Green uses the phrase, "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once."