Thursday, June 14, 2012

what's stopping you?



I've decided it's time to start being a bit more bold in my life.  I'm always the girl who sits back and observes things. You could say I'm a wallflower. Perks of Being a Wallflower made this pretty obvious to me.  But I think I started to break out of this mold over the past year.  With a little help from my friends, I'm more of a butterfly instead of a cocoon. Sorry for all the cliches and puns. #EnglishMajorProblems. So, alas, I have become a bit more daring.  I've taken some risks. Whether it's trying something new to eat (in my case this was mushrooms...and now I get them all the time), applying for scholarships or jobs, exploring the city, or even asking out that person you've had your eye on- I say go for it. Because honestly, what do you have to lose? The worst that can happen is you won't like what you try, you might get turned down for a job or a date, or you'll never want to repeat the experience...but hey...if you don't try, it will NEVER happen! Eventually, one of the "No"s will become a "Yes" and all of that trying and risk-taking will be worth it.  Not to get anymore cliche, but carpe diem...I'll even go as far as to say YOLO just because so many people like that phrase. (I'm not one of them...I'll stick to my Latin roots, please and thank you). So do it. Just do it. You'll get an adrenaline rush like no other.  You might get something you've always wanted but never had the guts to go after.  Don't worry if it won't turn out the way you hope; most of the time it doesn't work out because something better is waiting for you.  But you won't find that better thing unless you keep striving for it!!! 



So have an extraordinary thursday. Do something crazy.  Go on an adventure.  Call up an old friend.  Try to make a souflee. Pick up your dust-covered guitar and learn a song.  Introduce yourself to a stranger.  It's worth the fear that you might fail. Because what if you succeed?




cheers,
Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment