Thursday, June 14, 2012

oh the times (really are not) a changin'


HELLO! 
Nice of you to join me. 
I miss being this little kid. Not like I remember it all that well, but the pictures help. 
And there are a lot of them. 

I know I turned 20 a while ago, but I was thinking, what a strange time to be alive. 
I told ma the other day that it felt weird to be 20 and she said she doesn't even remember being 20 (and no she is not old enough to forget stuff like that) It just seems like 20 was limbo for her, just another age sandwiched in between more seemingly important ages.
I've done a lot in my 19 years of life, so what should be different about year 20? That's when I realized, nothing is different about year 20. Here is a short list of things I have accomplished in year 20
  1. Hiked the Appalachian trail in Virginia 
  2. White Water Kayaked in the same river they host the Green River WWK World Race
  3. Climbed Red Rock, Slab and Granite in Colorado Springs, CO
  4. Worked with an ELL teacher and taught various Spanish Lesson Plans
  5. Met a hunk of a hippie with a really nice beard and have been dating him ever since
  6. Passed my Math Perspectives Final
  7. Got accepted at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Valparaiso, Chile to Study Abroad
And I am sure there are more, but what the hey! I have been busy this year, past 3 months. But I have discovered the reason 20 is a weird age, I have been acting like a 3 year old and a 30 year old. Having fun is a top priority in my life and I feel like playing dress up or playing with playdough, buy gum I shall! Life is just too short to not do things that make you happy. But then the 30 year old kicks in and I have to fill out paperwork for my student VISA and dress like a professional when I go into classes for volunteer tutoring or  teach a lesson plan. I go to meetings and I try to remember to write everything down in my planner and I think i'm developing bags under my eyes (but maybe that was because I was staying up late last night watching Anthony Bourdain Reruns) 
 
So I guess 20 isn't much different than any other age. It's just about finding the balance between being an adolescent and an adult. And sometimes that is a lot easier than it sounds. 



go do what you do, 
rach

No comments:

Post a Comment